Livres Canada Books is currently seeking a part-time (3 days/24 hours per week) Finance Coordinator.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s financial management and accounting processes.
- Develop and implement mechanisms to streamline procedures related to finance (budgets, monthly reports, year-end audits) and operations (calendar of objectives, etc.);
- Act as comptroller and signing authority for allocated financial resources to programs and services;
- Prepare and process funding applications and requests for payment with cashflow reports;
- Control the accounts receivables and payables;
- Supervise payroll and administrate the employee benefits program;
- Prepare all HST tax-related documents, rebate calculations, and remitting payments;
- Participate in the collection of statistical data and use of funding assistance;
- Participate in the planning, reviewing and development of Livres Canada Books’ activities and programs as well as supporting initiatives by the Board of Directors, related committees, and the Executive Director;
- Undertake, from time to time, special assignments as required by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, knowledge and competency requirements
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience related to the position;
- Completion of a postsecondary degree in business administration, preferably in accounting or a related field;
- Demonstrated financial planning and accounting management experience in a not-for-profit environment;
- Computer literacy: MS Office and Sage Simply Accounting knowledge;
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Comfortable developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Management experience is an asset;
- Fluent in English and French, spoken, reading, and written.
Livres Canada Books offers a competitive salary, vacation and benefits package and an office in the heart of downtown Ottawa. We are also offering the possibility to do the work as a consultant.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume and cover letter by April 15, 2022 to:
François Charette, Executive Director
All enquiries and applications will be treated respectfully and in total confidence. Livres Canada Books supports equal opportunities for all.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.